Environmentally Friendly Printers
It’s official. Green is most definitely the new black… or whatever last year’s favourite colour was. Sheffield has always been at the forefront of friendliness towards the environment with the trams and the eco-friendly schools. And we like that idea…
Especially Simon. He likes that idea a lot. He’s always been keen on environmental campaigns. Simon is the Managing Director of DS Print & Design. He says we should always be thinking about the three Rs: “Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.” We should be leading the way as they say.
That’s why we do all this great stuff:
- We don't like all those nasty chemicals. They're not good for the environment and they're not good for our employees. So we keep both safe, by keeping our number of chemicals used in printing down to a minimum
- We don’t really have that much waste, but what we do have we get rid of properly. We recycle anything that can be recycled and dispose of anything else safely so that it has the least risk to the environment.
- We always follow environmental safety laws and regulations- and all other laws as well, I might add!
- We teach everyone who works here about environmental issues and make sure we give them all the help they need to achieve the ‘three R’ objective.
- We work with you and our suppliers to try and use materials that are conservable.
- We actively promote the use of chlorine free paper.
- We use paper suppliers/stocks with FSC or PEFC accreditation where possible.*
- We monitor noise levels- although we're not really a rowdy bunch it has to be said.
- We like to keep our eye on the news, our finger on the pulse as it were about any environmental developments in the print industry. It'd be rude not to.